The best help with your essay
Reports generally involve presenting your investigation and analysis of information or an issue, recommending actions and making proposals.
There are many different types of reports, including business, scientific and research reports, but the basic steps for writing them are the same. These are outlined below.
- Step 1: Decide on the 'Terms of reference'
- Step 2: Decide on the procedure
- Step 3: Find the information
- Step 4: Decide on the structure
- Step 5: Draft the first part of your report
- Step 6: Analyse your findings and draw conclusions
- Step 7: Make recommendations
- Step 8: Draft the executive summary and table of contents
- Step 9: Compile a reference list
- Step 10: Revise your draft report
You can also check our information on assignment writing for tips on planning, finding information, writing and reviewing your work.
^ Back to Top